Tuesday 2 August 2011

Narnia.

2006 was a shitty year, had a few personal problems (not for blogging) and I had an accident which nearly put me in a wheelchair. But on the bright side, 2006 was when I first discovered a small area of woodland that I retreat to when I need to think, or relax or just enjoy the surroundings. Lately I find myself there a lot. A lot of it is to do with the wonderful weather we've been having, but mostly if I need to think or clear my head, this is just the place to do it. I've always thought of it as a "Bridge to Terrabithia" type of place, even has a rope swing across the stream! But Someone mentioned "Narnia" a while back and it sort of fitted.
The entrance to Narnia.

So today, I'm going to take you to Narnia, (Ok it's a small wood) a place that relaxes me, a place I continually return to and a place that a lot of friends have grown to love. I'll throw in a few pics for good measure, nothing stunning just pics of a wood, but it's special to me so what are you gonna do?

So here's the tour, "The tree stump", it's about half way in and a great place to stop for a rest. Watch out for the nettles though they can be a bitch. Spent a lot of time poking around here, amongst the dead wood and stuff. I'm not going to get too involved in poking, I don't know you that well and frankly it'd be rude of me.



This tree is dead, stripped of bark and all it's branches and stands out a mile. I've walked past here and seen kids playing cowboys and indians or maybe cowboys and space rangers? Who knows, kids have great imaginations. But adults have better imaginations, furry pink handcuffs anyone?


Blair witch project? Yep, I guess it might be a little scary here in the middle of the night. 


My place of solitude. It's so quiet here. I can sit for ages listening to the water as it moves or just watch the ripples. But what i usually do is sit on that rock on the other side of the pic and write. Yep, I'm really hardcore eh? I sit there and I write. Crap mostly, journal type stuff, but I like writing and what better place?

So there it is, I had a few more pics, but I wont bore you. The pics don't do it justice. It's quiet, peaceful and a wonderful place to escape to and I was bored so I blogged about it :P


No comments:

Post a Comment